This has been a very busy year. Aside from getting a promotion here at UW-Madison (to Assistant Scientist), applying for tenure track positions, and writing truly insightful blog posts, I’ve been doing actual honest to goodness research.
It’s all paying off. At AGU I’m author or co-author on six posters or talks, which kind of blows my mind a bit. In Goring et al. (2014) we talk a bit about the lag between project inception and the first real burst of publications from interdisciplinary projects and this really hammers the point home. We’re on the third AGU cycle since PalEON really kicked off, and this year we’ve got lots of posters and presentations from PalEON-istas (here’s the complete list). These are the talks and posters that I’m either author or co-author on. Be sure to drop by and check them out!
Also, I’m around the whole week, so if you want to say hi, get in touch and let me know.
- [Poster – Liu et al.] Assessing the long-term performance of terrestrial ecosystem models in northeastern United States: linking model structure and output. [B13C-0196] 1:40 – 6:00PM, Moscone West-Poster Hall
- [Talk – Matthes et al.] Constraining Centennial-Scale Ecosystem-Climate Interactions with a Pre-colonial Forest Reconstruction across the Upper Midwest and Northeastern United States. [B24B-07]. 5:30 – 5:45PM, Moscone West-2002
- [Poster – McLachlan et al.] Statistical Estimates of the Long-Term Impact of Land-Use Disturbance on Woody Biomass in the Midwest (USA) [B23E-0252] 1:40 – 06:00 PM, Moscone West – Poster Hall
- [Poster – Burke et al.] Improving estimates of regional vegetation: Using pre-settlement vegetation data and variable wind speed to quantify pollen dispersal and source area. [PP41D-1421] 8:00 – 12:20 PM, Moscone West-Poster Hall
- [Talk – Dawson et al. ] Quantifying Uncertainty in Spatio-temporal Forest Composition Changes Inferred from Fossil Pollen Records. [PP44B-06] 5:15 – 5:30PM, Moscone West-2010
- [Talk – Goring et al.] Effects of European land use on contemporary tree-climate relationships in the northeastern United States: Implications for predictive models. [B52C-07] 11:50 – 12:05 PM , Moscone West-2004